What is a service voucher?
The service voucher allows you, as a private individual in Belgium, to pay for household help in your home or outside your home at an advantageous rate.
1 hour worked = 1 service voucher, which costs you €9 after a 10% tax reduction.
*The tax reduction varies according to the region (20% in Flanders and Brussels, 10% in Wallonia)
In Flanders and Brussels, a €10 service voucher will therefore cost you €8, while in Wallonia the same service voucher will cost you €9, again after tax reduction.
Please note that you can order a maximum of 500 service cheques per year and per person (the first 300 service cheques at €10 and the following 200 service cheques at €12).
However, certain groups can order up to 2,000 service cheques (e.g. disabled persons recognised by the RIZIV or single-parent families with three or more children).
Which services can you benefit from and pay for using service vouchers?
- Window cleaning
- Laundry & ironing
- Preparing meals
- Occasional sewing work
Outside the home:
- Delivery of shopping/errands
- Day-to-day requirements
- External ironing services
- Occasional minor sewing work
Service vouchers MAY NOT be used:
- For repair works (plumbing, electricity, etc.)
- For maintaining the garden
- For wallpapering or repainting a room
- For taking care of children
- For having hot meals delivered
- For having deliveries of furniture, domestic appliances or audiovisual equipment, newspapers, etc.
Important: you may not benefit from service vouchers if you are a business.